Monday 17 December 2012

You Little Ripper

I love the smell of hampers in the morning, and I love Australians! In my inbox today is evidence that whatever we might say about them, some are just downright decent blokes... ;) Steve writes:
G'day mate,
This should shut you up. :)
http://www.daily25.com/as-promised/
Thanks for a great year of draws. Never have I watched matches and been so bored and yet happy at the same time when a game ends 0-0.
Steve is one of the majority who typically like to see goals in their football. I used to be like that, but the XX Draws have changed me, and the 'perfect' game is now a 0-0. Anyway, for those too lazy to clink the link to the post, or for stickybeaks who want to take a squizz, here it is in full:
Not one to say something and not follow through, here is a gift page created for the master of the draws, Cassini.
http://kickstartkristmas.com/Gift/688
A few weeks ago I mentioned jokingly that I would buy Cassini a hamper for the excellent returns from the XX Draws, he took it upon himself to make it a reality and last week I said, and I quote,
XX Draws added another $2,200 profit and if he can make even $1 profit next week then a small (very small) hamper will be on its way.
Now I am $50 poorer and Cassini will soon be a few pounds heavier. I will leave the page up for others to contribute to and leave a message to say thanks for a great year, whatever the final figure is, I will let Cassini choose the Hamper that he wishes and send it on Christmas day, so he should receive it in time for a toast to myself on New Years Eve.
A few weeks ago I also started a gift page for Jonno from Sportpunter.com. As I am an actual friend of his, I managed to trick him into revealing what he wanted for Christmas and created a page for him too. An amazing amount of $250 has so far been donated and we are just $50 short of getting the gift. If you want to say thanks to Jonno for his many years of hard work and what I can only assume is an overflowing bank account if you have followed his tips, then go to the address below and donate what you can.
http://kickstartkristmas.com/Gift/575
Sadly this year there will be no gifts for Skeeve and FB Elite, but let's hope that changes in the new year.
Note: Kickstartkristmas.com is a site I created a few weeks ago to help me get what I really wanted for Christmas. If you want to donate to my gift you can see it here
http://kickstartkristmas.com/Gift/680
Merry Christmas
What a gentleman, but while I would hate to come across as selfish, I encourage all of you to ignore the second and third links and focus on the first.

Seriously, I appreciate Steve's spirit of giving and if everyone reading this post gives a dollar (Aussie) to one on the three, then there will be much happiness across the globe on Christmas morning. Perhaps any excess contributions could find their way to a charity somewhere. Just a thought. 

No comments: