Thursday 10 April 2014

Football Funnies

1. "If that had gone in, it would have been a goal." - David Coleman 
2. "I never comment on referees and I'm not going to break the habit of a lifetime for that prat." - Ron Atkinson 
3. "For those of you watching in black and white, Spurs are playing in yellow." - John Motson 
4. "My parents have been there for me, ever since I was about seven." - David Beckham 
5. "Germany are a very difficult team to play. They had 11 internationals out there today." - Steve Lomas 
6. "They're the second best team in the world, and there's no higher praise than that." - Kevin Keegan 
7. "Marseille needed to score first, and that never looked likely once Liverpool had taken the lead." - David Pleat 
8. "If we played like this every week, we wouldn't be so inconsistent." - Bryan Robson 
9. "If history is going to repeat itself I should think we can expect the same thing again." - Terry Venables
10. "I was saying the other day, how often the most vulnerable area for goalies is between their legs ..." - Andy Gray 
This season's winner was Matt Le Tissier with:
"Who'll win the league? It's a coin toss between three of them."

No comments: