Sunday 9 August 2009

Remember The Titans


The summer is finally coming to an end. I say finally not because I don't like the longer days and (supposedly) sunnier, drier days, but the summer months are just not that good for me for investing. First we have the new football season, (although if the results continue as they did yesterday for me, that may not be a good thing), and in less than two hours we see the return of American Football with it's meaningless Hall of Fame game between the Buffalo Bills and the Tennessee Titans.

The Titans are favourites at 1.68, (or 3 points in the handicap), a price that is a lay for me. In a game where starters are likely to play only a small part of the game, why one team is considered almost twice as likely to win as the other seems crazy to me. The Titans may well prevail, but they are not value.

For what it's worth (nothing IMO) Buffalo has won 4 of the last 5 meetings between these two teams. Betfair will have the game in-play but BETDAQ rather disappointingly do not even have the game listed.

No comments: