Thursday 22 January 2009

Arcade Charade


One of my fellow bloggers, Alastair, over at Bet Your Life Sports Trading has previously commented on the offer from Betfair of up to a free £10 bet if you bet that amount or more on the Arcade in the next few days.

However, read the fine print of the Terms and Conditions, and you read that the £10 credit (win or lose) is added to your Arcade account, and has to be used on one of those games. I'm not sure how many people will be tempted by such an offer, but I would rather put my energy into markets where I might actually have an edge. There is no free money here.

Alastair also commented that he would prefer the £10 credit to be used to offset his Premium Charge. Me too - another £400+ stolen from my account today.

1 comment:

Alistair Hamilton said...

Hi Cassini,

When I first received that email, my immediate reaction was to take the moral high ground as indicated in my blog. I didn't even look at the terms and conditions.

Now that I'm aware of them, I'm even happier that I took that decision. I have no desire to encourage their believe that it will ever be a good thing to host such games - certainly not good for the vulnerable anyway.

Alistair