Wednesday 16 December 2009

Knocking Off


This may be my last post for a few days, unless my parents have moved into the digital age which, given that they are yet to fully master the complexities of the front door bell, is highly unlikely*. I may escape for a couple of days to the peace and tranquility of north Devon, but a B&B with Internet access?

Not to worry - a break from it all isn’t so bad, and I’ll be back before the end of the year, closing out 2009 and raring to get off to a good start in 2010. 2010! My, how the millenniums just fly by as one gets older.

Is it really 10 years since that night of revelry on the Thames when the current one started? Well, no it isn’t actually. Contrary to public opinion, 2001 was the first year of this millennium and not 2000, but never let the facts get in the way of a good party!

Enjoy the holidays and stay warm.

Some more Premier League predictions for today, which are:

Arsenal by 1 @ Burnley
Chelsea by 4 v Portsmouth
Liverpool by 3 v Wigan Athletic
Totteham Hotspur by 1 v Manchester City


* It's a little known fact that the inventor of the door-knocker actually received a No-Bell prize for his efforts.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi,
Nice blog, I like to have a link exchange with you, I already put your blog in my blogroll. If this is ok for you please put "PROFESSIONAL BETTING" in your blogroll, here is the adress http://professionalbetting.blogspot.com/
Thanks in advance Max