Saturday 16 May 2009

Playoff Value - Where?

Three out of my six teams advanced in the Football League playoffs, and two of the losers went close. Milton Keynes Dons lost a dramatic penalty shoot-out against Scunthorpe, and failed to capitalise on their away draw in the first leg. With the exception of the Bank Holiday final, I shall probably be leaving the remaining games alone.

My ratings give Burnley a very slight edge over Sheffield United in the Championship play-off and as they are available at 2.12 on BETDAQ, this is the value bet.

League One I am still sulking about, but I have Millwall as the top rated team. Not sure if they are value yet though.

League Two has Gillingham as my favourites, but again the value is hard to find here.

Sunday sees two former minnows of the Football League playoff for the right to return there. Cambridge United have the slight edge both on rating and current form, and the 1.95 on Betfair is slight value, but not enough to justify my backing them. For no better reason than that Devon, along with Cornwall, is my favourite county, I would like to see Torquay win this one. That would complete a good season for south Devon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.