Saturday 6 November 2010

Fireworks In Phoenix


The NBA continues to stand for Negative Balance Adjustments with a third losing night, although losses were trimmed significantly on the just-ended double overtime game between the Suns and Grizzlies, who traded at 1.1 for several thousand before losing. Apart from that, it just seems like nothing is going my way right now. None of the trades are ones that I have that instant 'what the hell am I doing' feeling running through me when they are placed, but value lays are just not working out.

Take the Orlando Magic game v New Jersey Nets. It's a one point game and the Magic are trading at a 'too low' 1.17, but the Nets choose that moment to fall apart, and in the space of a few minutes are down by 20. Very frustrating, and however much I tell myself that these will be profitable in the long run, it still dents the confidence, at least for a few minutes. Most nights there isn't time to feel sorry for yourself - there's another game to trade coming right along. What's most upsetting is that the SBP did better than me last night! He had a winner.

Plenty of good football this weekend, and Sunday's matches have come under the Cassini Microscope. There aren't too many strong draws expected, just two. Real Zaragoza v Mallorca is one and West Bromwich Albion v Manchester City is the other. Weaker draws are expected at Bari v AC Milan, Lens v Montpellier and Paris St Germain v Olympique Marseille.

Lazio look value at 2.56 in the Rome derby game, and Sampdoria at 1.96 v Catania look good along with Stuttgart (2.58) v Werder Bremen, Levante (2.4) v Deportivo La Coruna and Palermo (2.1) v Genoa.

Big wins are expected for Arsenal (-2.5), Juventus (-2.83), Bayer Leverkusen (-2.71) and Real Madrid (-3.33).

2 comments:

John said...

I watched my first NBA game last night (Bulls v Celtics on ESPN). Seems like it may be a sport I could trade and i'm interested to know how you go about it. Did you have a live stream of those games or do you simply use a live scoreboard? I was watching the odds on betfair at the same time as the game and although it's fast paced the movements seemed to be slow due to the scoring which makes me think a live feed is not a requirement. Would love to hear your thoughts on this?

Anonymous said...

How can you "expect a weak draw"?