Wednesday 24 June 2009

Spain Pain For Gain


Another Wednesday, and another mugging, but no point going on about it I suppose. It really plays havoc with my averages though. I track my 10 day, 30 day, year, all-time averages and on Tuesday they look quite healthy yet by Wednesday they have fallen behind target again.

An impressive win by the USA over Spain today helped, (lay the favourite, back later - should have skipped step two today!), but not as much as it helped the lucky guy(s) who got matched for £13.50 at 1000 on the USA to win the Confederation Cup! Someone is going to have a few sleepless nights.

My laying the 'big' home team is working out well in baseball, but early days yet. The only upset was the Angels beating the Rockies at 2.16 last night. I may have to back the home team when underdog! Not to mention that the Angels are only in my list because they are from a city with two teams whose schedules tend to mean that one is usually at home. I'm not sure they are 'big' in the way that the Yankees or Red Sox or Cubs are. But it's a work in progress.

No comments: