Friday 18 May 2012

I-Spy

After drifting to 110 on Betfair, Ole Gunnar Solskjaer has traded as low as 1.3 today after the rumour that Randy Lerner's private jet has been seen in Kristiansund, Norway. Most readers are probably aware that after managing Manchester United'd reserve team from 2008, Solskjaer moved to Molde and led them to their first ever title last year. Not a huge amount traded a 'big' prices, but plenty in the 3.x range. Now where did I leave my I-Spy Aircraft book?

Josh followed up on my post yesterday about 'poor' Manchester United,
As for what you said about my latest article however, I felt that I addressed the issues you pointed out throughout the piece. The aim of it was to shine a bit of realism on the bitterness from United fans, as outlined in the title.
...and indeed he did. My point was really that there is no point in even bringing the subject up. Whatever team you support, this is the way of the world these days. Personally, I would love to go back to the days when any one of half-a-dozen teams were in with a realistic chance of winning the title at the start of a season, but that's not going to happen. Whining, especially from a Manchester United, Chelsea or Paris St Germain fan, about a club having too much money, is just not going to win any sympathy.

It's a bit like the Super Premium Charge. Whining about it doesn't earn any sympathy, and while we would all love to turn the clock back a few years, it's not going to happen. But every now and then I reserve the right to have a small whine.

I don't always agree with Ian Erskine, but his end of season review / email today contained some good advice on topics such as reviewing your results often to see what works, and more importantly, what doesn't work, being honest with yourself, willpower and self control,  leaving your betting bank alone and letting it grow ("if you have to earn money in your gambling to withdraw and pay a bill it will affect your ability to bet without emotion"). You can read Ian's post in full here.

No comments: