Thursday 18 August 2011

Apples And Oranges

It looks like I spoke too soon about August being the best ever. A £500+ Premium Charge deduction combined with consecutive losing days early in the week means that 2007's total is now odds-on to remain the best. Interestingly, only one August day (the 31st. at that) has seen a four figure change, and that was a careless loss in 2006 due to alcohol, (a lesson learned), so it tends to be a slow and steady month rather than one with exciting twists and turns.

Just for the heck of it, I looked at the years in which I had my best calendar months, and two still belong to as far back as 2006. Two in 2007, three in both 2008 and 2009, one in 2010 and one in 2011. So much for improving as time goes by. The Premium Charge is one reason why some older totals remain of course, but also markets are constantly changing.

The French value selections have been updated - prices are still a little soft, so the Back prices should all be beatable.

I'll try and find time to freshen up the Bundesliga and EPL spreadsheets too before I leave you to your own devices.

1 comment:

Brian said...

Great blog! But i have one problem. Can you start posting more often? I've been reading from the very beginning and am starting to catch up very quickly. I need more posts so i dont have to wait. :-)

I have a question for you if you would take some time to answer or point me in the right direction.
I'm working on my on tissue in excel for horse racing (yes i know what you think about it) and it's looking good. My question is this. How do you convert decimal into fraction? I can use an odds calculater on line yet it gives me different results depending on the site i use. For example one site can give 4 or 5 various answers ranging from similar to wildly different.

I can use a table thats already been done but most of them don't use 1to100, just the most popular ones?
Cheers in advance and good luck.