Saturday 21 January 2012

Recovery

Well, that was a bit better. With today's football, I could hardly put a foot wrong. The first XX Draw selection of two today - Norwich City v Chelsea - finished 0-0, and although the second finished 2-0 to Juventus (@ Atlanta) I was happy to pick another under. The 0-0 was my first 'perfect' selection in 25 selections, so I was due.

As a trial, I also started listing Under selections where value, in my opinion of course, was in excess of 15%, and had two winners Hoffenheim v Hannover '96 (1.92) and Nuremberg v Hertha Berlin (1.95) and one loser - Santander v Getafe (1.67). The latter was probably a little low in hindsight, and I may need to adjust the spreadsheet to award a minimum value to their probability of scoring. Right now, if they've not scored in 12 matches, and not had a shot or a corner, my spreadsheet thinks they are incapable of scoring. I also took a look at the Bolton Wanderers v Liverpool game just before kick-off and had Liverpool much too short, (I had them at 1.86), and took Bolton on the Asian Handicap +1 at 2.1 and +1/+1.5 at 1.75.

I'll update the Tipster League after tomorrow's matches.

I have finally completed Walter Isaacson's biography of Steve Jobs, with some interesting comments at the end from Jobs himself which rang a bell. He said, and I am paraphrasing here, that companies are started by individuals with great ideas and products, but that after a while they are taken over by sales people whose sole interest is in the bottom line, and couldn't care less about the product or innovative ideas. An excellent book, by the way. He was certainly a little different, but his innovations have positively impacted everyone reading this - and a few others!

1 comment:

Mark Iverson said...

"that companies are started by individuals with great ideas and products, but that after a while they are taken over by sales people whose sole interest is in the bottom line"

Now, if I could only think of a company that could apply too...