Saturday 26 June 2010

U-S-A! U-S-A!


The Round of 16 is underway with a fascinating game between Uruguay and South Korea. The HT 0-0 score in these matches seems to be too low at around 2.46. For the the USA -Ghana game it is a similar 2.48. The 'true' odds of a HT 0-0 at this stage are closer to 3.0, but it is a small sample we're working with.

Uruguay won 2-1, and I am off to watch the USA - Ghana game with American friends and compatriots of the future Mrs Cassini. It's funny how they all pretend not to like "soccer" until they achieve a modest amount of success - then it's U-S-A, U-S-A all day long!

3 comments:

Jason Trost said...

Remember the term soccer originated in England! You guys just weren't consistent. :-)

Go usa!

Curly said...

Evening Cassini,

I've finally decided to enter the blogosphere. Every man and his dog seems to be, so why not me?

I'm not 100% sure of what I'm doing but I think I've added a link to your blog, if you're happy to then a reciprocal would be appreciated.

Curly

Curly said...

Whoops, forgot the link - must be nerves!

http://parttimesportstrading.blogspot.com/

Cheers